Need Help Navigating Your Way?
The FINANCIAL STABILITY CENTER is also here to help you. Service navigators and coaches help you clarify your financial goals, provide support and connect you to a set of services to achieve your goals. This facility joins the forces of PA CareerLink® – Chester County and United Way’s Financial Stability Center together in one building, with the goal of creating easy access to a coordinated network of employment and financial stability services provided by various partners.
Extensive Resources – Employment services, financial education, benefit enrollment, budgeting & coaching, credit counseling & debt management, training & education, free tax preparation services, and other health & human services.
Professional Guidance – Assistance to develop a plan and help you successfully navigate the various programs and services.
Confidential Counseling – Encouragement & support as you overcome obstacles getting in the way of achieving your financial and employment goals.
To connect to available resources, professional guidance and confidential counseling , call the Financial Stability Center at 610-280-1023.
In addition to these core services, the Financial Stability Center offers various supportive services including the following. ALL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES are available on site at 479 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 500, Exton PA.
- Jobseeker Clinic – This one-on-one session, offer by Wings for Success, can prepare you with the confidence and information you need to overcome your obstacles to success, and put your best foot forward in your next interview and on the job. To schedule an appointment please call 610-644-6323 extension 2.
- Legal Clinic – This one-on-one session, offered by Legal Aid of Southeastern PA, provides free consultation on civil legal matters including family law, protection from abuse, bankruptcy, unemployment compensation, pardon and expungement, disability, welfare benefits, landlord/tenant law, elder law and estate documents. This service is offered once a month. Appointments are required and available by calling 610-280-1033.
- Individual Basic Computer Tutoring – This service offers a one-time free one-on-one basic computer and internet instruction session. This two hour session is offered on Tuesdays by the Chester County Library. Appointments are required and available by calling 610-280-1033.
- Family Benefits Program – This service, offered by Maternal Child Health Consortium, offers assistance in applying for health benefits such as Medicaid, CHIP, food stamps, and cash assistance to both the English and Spanish speaking community of Chester County, PA. To set up an appointment, call 610-696-7721 or the main number @ 610-344-5370.
- Disability Resources to Enhance Independence – This one-on-one session, offered by CPA of Chester County provides OPTIONS counseling and community resources for persons with disabilities so that they can have financial stability. If you have a disability or are newly disabled, we can help you access and understand supports that may be available to you in Chester County. In addition, as a Funding Assistance Center for the Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) we can help you gain low or no interest loans for disability related assistive devices and home modifications. Services are offered the first and third Monday from 8:30 to 11:30, to schedule an appointment please call 610-524-5850, ext. 307.
- Get Affordable Healthcare You Can Afford – This service, offered by Clarifi, provides 1-1 sessions and workshops to assist individuals to find coverage that fit their needs and budget. To register for individual sessions, call 866-513-6328 and identify preferred location for your session at the PA CareerLink®-Chester County and Financial Stability Center. For workshop registration visit https://uwfsc-affordablehealthcare.eventbrite.com
- Adult English Language Tutoring – This service, offered by Volunteer English Program, provides one-on-one adult English tutoring services. To learn more call 610-918-8222.
- Free Tax Preparation Services – This service, offered by Life Transforming Ministries, provides seasonal tax preparation services on site as well as at various locations throughout the County. Why pay for your taxes to be prepared when you get it done free. IRS-Certified volunteers assist individuals to submit their annual taxes and claim eligible tax credits. To learn more call 610-380-9099 or check out www.ChesterCountyFreeTaxes.com.
Various educational sessions are also offered and vary monthly. To check out a full listing of workshops visit our workshop/event registration page.
View Full Listing of Workshops